Matters not entertained by My Lawyer
- Events that occurred outside the borders of South Africa.
- There is a waiting period of 3 months before members can receive litigation and representation services, however legal advice is available immediately. Therefore litigation and representation services regarding events which occurred before the commencement of this agreement or within the first 3 months of membership are excluded.
- No divorce matters will be attended to within 6 months from the commencement date of membership.
- Matters related to the Member’s business.Debt review, counselling or rehabilitation.
- Insolvencies and administration of estates.Investment and pension/provident fund disputes.
- Citizen related legal problems.Services that are purely administrative of nature.Land claims.
- Constitutional Court proceedings.
- Any act or activity pertaining to political activity / riot, civil commotion, labour riot/strike/lockout or public disorder.
- All matters not specifically included in the services.
Will I have access to legal advice immediately?
Yes, you and your family will have access to legal advice immediately from our team of practicing lawyers.
Will I have access to an experienced lawyer to handle my case?
Yes, you will have access to My Lawyers extensive legal network. Each lawyer has a minimum of 5 years legal practicing experience.
Will I have access to a lawyer throughout South Africa?
Yes, My Lawyer’s legal network reaches all 9 provinces.
Will my family also be protected by My Lawyer?
Yes, your R99 per month membership provides legal protection to you as the main member, spousal partner and 5 children under the age of 25 years old.
Does my R99 per month membership fee include bail payment for my family?
Yes, your monthly membership fee entitles you and your nominated family members to bail payment up to R5000 each.
Will I be liable for additional excess fees?
No, your R99 membership per month is the fee you will pay.